Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative M Range wireless sub connection methods.
There are two alternate ways to connect a wireless Orbitsound M range subwoofer depending on how the bar/sub reacts when you push a pin into the pair slot.

Method One:

After my first short/Long press on the subwoofer I get a solid light.

If after pressing the pin into the subwoofer pair button you get a solid light then follow the steps below:
Press the sound pair pair button until the light goes off and then comes back on, release the pin at this point.

Both the Sub and Bar lights should flash. Wait 5 seconds and then quickly do a lightning press on the sub then bar.

Once both lights go solid perform a lightning press on the bar while watching the light on the sub, if it blinks the units are paired/talking to each other.

Repeat the lightning press/channel change twice.

Method Two:

I only ever get a solid light on the sub.

Press the pin into the sub pair button and hold for 30 seconds, then release. Turn the sub off and wait 10-20 seconds, press the pin into the sub pair button and hold it in.

Turn the volume knob to maximum, then to minimum, then to maximum. Finally turn the knob to somewhere between maximum and normal and release the pin.

Perform a reset on the bar by switching to AUX and holding power until it flips back to OPT.

Unplug the bar, wait at least 30 seconds.

Turn the sub back on/plug it back in, if you get a blinking light straight away plug the bar back in/turn it on at the back.

Press the top button on the bar so you have a blue light on the front.

Press the pin into the bar pair button until it blinks off and then on again,do a quick press on the sub then bar.

If you get a steady light on the sub check it is paired by trying a lightning press on the bar, if the sub light blinks when you do this the bar and sub are paired.

If not post here and let us know.

If you get a solid light on the sub at any point before successful pairing try method one.

If you have any issues post here and let us know.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(23-12-2017, 10:56 AM)Simon D Wrote: There are two alternate ways to connect a wireless Orbitsound M range subwoofer depending on how the bar/sub reacts when you push a pin into the pair slot.

Method One:

After my first short/Long press on the subwoofer I get a solid light.

If after pressing the pin into the subwoofer pair button you get a solid light then follow the steps below:
Press the sound pair pair button until the light goes off and then comes back on, release the pin at this point.

Both the Sub and Bar lights should flash. Wait 5 seconds and then quickly do a lightning press on the sub then bar.

Once both lights go solid perform a lightning press on the bar while watching the light on the sub, if it blinks the units are paired/talking to each other.

Repeat the lightning press/channel change twice.

Method Two:

I only ever get a solid light on the sub.

Press the pin into the sub pair button and hold for 30 seconds, then release. Turn the sub off and wait 10-20 seconds, press the pin into the sub pair button and hold it in.

Turn the volume knob to maximum, then to minimum, then to maximum. Finally turn the knob to somewhere between maximum and normal and release the pin.

Perform a reset on the bar by switching to AUX and holding power until it flips back to OPT.

Unplug the bar, wait at least 30 seconds.

Turn the sub back on/plug it back in, if you get a blinking light straight away plug the bar back in/turn it on at the back.

Press the top button on the bar so you have a blue light on the front.

Press the pin into the bar pair button until it blinks off and then on again,do a quick press on the sub then bar.

If you get a steady light on the sub check it is paired by trying a lightning press on the bar, if the sub light blinks when you do this the bar and sub are paired.

If not post here and let us know.

If you get a solid light on the sub at any point before successful pairing try method one.

If you have any issues post here and let us know.

I have gone through the above steps and methods multiple times but I am unable to pair my sub to the bar. Apart from switching the sub off, the sub always displays a solid red light. Short or long pressing the pair button has no affect. Performing the 30 sec reset as shown above has no affect either.

Any advice appreciated.
Hi lammypie,

Does the sub have a solid light as soon as you turn the power switch on?

Does the bar have a solid light when on?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(22-07-2019, 10:04 AM)Simon D Wrote: Hi lammypie,

Does the sub have a solid light as soon as you turn the power switch on?

Does the bar have a solid light when on?

Hi Simon,

Yes, the sub light does come on as soon as powered on and is solid. No amount of pressing the button causes it to flash or turn off (apart from turning off).

With regards to the bar, it does have a solid light when on, but I can turn set this into pairing mode where it flashes. It doesn't seem to pair though.

Thanks
Hi Lammypie,

The sub is either reacting to a very strong broad spectrum signal or the wifi receiver is failing startup (it should start to flash after a few seconds once turned on.

I suspect a repair is needed.

I will send you a private message as this likely will include taking personal details, address, telephone etc.

Assuming the bar is out of its standard Orbitsound two year warranty there may be a charge, at present £74.99 including shipping to and from a UK address.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(22-07-2019, 05:51 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Lammypie,

The sub is either reacting to a very strong broad spectrum signal or the wifi receiver is failing startup (it should start to flash after a few seconds once turned on.

I suspect a repair is needed.

I will send you a private message as this likely will include taking personal details, address, telephone etc.

Assuming the bar is out of its standard Orbitsound two year warranty there may be a charge, at present £74.99 including shipping to and from a UK address.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your prompt reply. 

Doesn't sound great if a repair is required as I had this very same sub repaired a few years back. To be fair it was a separate issue relating to the volume switch. 

Just need to think whether to repair or replace with a newer unit. Any advice?

Regards
Chris
Hi Chris,

Does sound like bad luck/something causing issues then.

Unless you have a great need for Wi-Fi/newer features the M9 is really worth keeping.

If you can get it to me in the London office/drop in and see us I ca advise either way.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(23-07-2019, 04:07 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Chris,

Does sound like bad luck/something causing issues then.

Unless you have a great need for Wi-Fi/newer features the M9 is really worth keeping.

If you can get it to me in the London  office/drop in and see us I ca advise either way.

Hi Simon,

After leaving the sub for a few days, I decided to go back to it today and you never guess what, it now works.

Unlike previously, when switching on, the subs red light flashes a few times prior to pairing up successfully with the bar. What doesn't seem to work is the pairing button itself on the sub. 

I am wondering if the WiFi unit that is sat next to the bar is causing interference in the room, 

Anyway, appreciate your assistance with this and your prompt replies. If I do have any further issues I will be in touch.

Regards
Chris