Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolby Digital on A70
Are there any plans to put the DD decoding onto the A70 ? I must admit its the one thing I didnt ask for when I bought mine from JL a few days ago as I assumed it did have that.

Its such a standard that I'm surprised and wonder if its a license cost thing with Dolby or just that Orbitsound think they dont require it. Its not exactely a cheap sounbar and has very few "features". One thing that bothered me about the Sonos Beam was the constant mention of Alexa in the reviews. I dont want that and would rather have heard about the sound for films. But 5.1 decoding is, to me, a fairly essential and basic feature. And is it a firmeware upgrade ? However that is done. Via USB ?

Would decoding 5.1 actually improve the sound anyway I suppose is the next question to ask after, why not DD, to Orbitsound ?
Hi Topgazza,

DD decoding may go into future bars, though for Airsound it can be problematic so we are taking pains to be sure we have all we need in place.

There would be no technical benefit to adding it to any Airsound bar/speaker, though we may add it in future purely for useabilty/user experience.

Older A70's can be updated, there is no real benefit to this save a small improvement to the Samsung TV dipping issue that, as the issue lies with the TV's not producing audio/not with the bar we cannot combat any further.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(02-09-2019, 02:53 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Topgazza,

DD decoding may go into future bars, though for Airsound it can be problematic so we are taking pains to be sure we have all we need in place.

There would be no technical benefit to adding it to any Airsound bar/speaker, though we may add it in future purely for useabilty/user experience.

Older A70's can be updated, there is no real benefit to this save a small improvement to the Samsung TV dipping issue that, as the issue lies with the TV's not producing audio/not with the bar we cannot combat any further.

Thanks Simon. I thought it would make little if any difference. technically it doesnt make sense. I have Sony Bravia so wont be updating unless advised for other reasons