Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A70 subwoofer connection issues
Hi,

I’ve had my A70 for several months and in that time I’ve had a few issues where it would occasionally ‘forget’ the subwoofer and I’d have no bass. When that happened a quick re-pairing and all would be well. 

Except today. Turned the bar on, sound comes on and I’m expecting the bass to kick in after a few seconds but nothing. I go through the re-pair process, no change. I clear Bluetooth memory and re-pair, no change. I do a factory reset, clear Bluetooth memory, and re-pair, no change. 

I’ve switched both units off and left them off for few minutes and gone through the whole thing again, and again. No change. 

Help!!!
Hi Hector,

Are you getting a red sub on the bar at all?

Is this on a TV using Optical?

What TV do you have?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(22-07-2019, 10:03 AM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Hector,

Are you getting a red sub on the bar at all?

Is this on a TV using Optical?

What TV do you have?

The status light on the sub is on and steady and flashes when I try to pair it. The red sub shows on the bar when pairing and goes off when it’s paired. 

The sound comes from the TV through an optical cable. The TV is a Panasonic TX-50EX750B. 

Thanks for the reply.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

TV is a Panasonic TX-50EX750B connected via an optical cable to the bar.

The red sub shows in the bar when pairing and goes off when it’s done. The status light on the sub is on and flashing when trying to pair and is on and steady afterwards.

It all seems to be as it should except no bass from the sub.
Thanks for the info Hector,

Does a phone via Bluetooth or the TV via AUX/Headphone have bass?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

Hi

I have the A60 connected to my Samsung smart tv via the optic cable.
When I connect the sky box to the tv by hdmi the A60 plays the sound perfectly for tv programs and playback of recorded programs. When I try and play a dvd via hdmi or use the tv to play an Amazon prime program I get a terrible feedback noise from the soundbar. Can you please help.
Hi Stevbren,

Thank you for contacting Orbitsound, I think I can help.

Blu Rays tend to split audio out formats across input formats.

I would check the Audio settings on the Blu Ray and set any and all settings that mention PCM to that particular format. Any issues if you can post the Blu Ray ,model I can offer better advice.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff