Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote LRN volume won't decrease
Hi 
I've tried setting up remote learning with a Samsung TV. I can use the Samsung remote to increase the volume however it won't decrease.
I've tried the learning setup a few times but get the same result.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Hi PaulD,

Might be a Bluetooth/non compatible IR Remote, might be worth trying A Sky/Set to box remote or alternatively some unused buttons/rarely used buttons on the TV remote, the FF and RR buttons or similar are usually IR so they can control Blu Rays etc.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
If it wasnt compatible why would the increase volume work? Its a smart TV which is only a couple of years old.

When you say to use other buttons on the remote, I thought it's only the volume buttons that work with the sound bar? What would the FF and RR buttons do? Not sure what they are.

I don't have a skybox but do have an android box. What that work?

Cheers
Hi Simon,

It is IR as it omits a blue light when I hold it against a front facing camera on my phone
Hi PaulD,

Apologies, just because the light is there does not necessarily mean the it is in the normal IR range.

Some Smart/Bluetooth remotes will also activate the IR LED when sending a non IR signal as well.

If a normal/Sky remote programmed with a compatible code or the original Orbitsound remote are learnable I would suspect this is the case.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

Still doesn't explain why the remote can learn to increase the volume. If it wasn't compatible to learn it wouldn't learn to increase?
Hi PaulD,

Of course it does, the - for whatever reason is outside the standard range and the + is not( or possibly non existent).

Again any standard IR remote/a reprogrammed stb remote should work.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff