Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement base charger
Hi Ben,

No worries, glad to help.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
Hi, I also have a problem where my charger isn’t working anymore.
Can you confirm if it’s now possible to buy a new one or is there a way you can fix it?
Thanks 
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

Unfortunately we do not have a direct solution.

However, if you can use the contact us page on Orbitsound.com I or someone else can better advise.

https://www.orbitsound.com/en-gb/support/contact-us/
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

Spaced 360 charging can be accomplished on most spaced 360s using the Micro USB slot on the base of the speaker.

You may need to try a few cables and charging usually takes longer. There may also be no visual indication that charging is taking place.

An overnight charge should result in something from a completely discharged speaker though.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

<p>I too have lost my charger and tried the micro USB port but that's not worked.&nbsp; I've searched all over the interwebs for a replacement base charger but they are rarer than the Spaced360!&nbsp; Is there a firmware update to enable USB charging?<br></p>
It can sometimes help with charger issues to remove and re-seat the charger head.

Please also be sure to discharge the speaker completely and leave the charger disassembled and unplugged for a few hours.

You must then reassemble the charger and leave your Spaced360 on charge overnight.

Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to purchase a charger or Spaced 360 from us directly.

It may be possible to purchase a Spaced360 with a charger elsewhere for cheaper with a longer warranty. Those units should also come with a charger.

Anything on Amazon or eBay claiming to be a unit supplied by Orbitsound will not be.

Some Spaced 360s can slow charge via the USB socket though there is unlikely to be any visual indication it is working.

Chargers are available on ebay and similar sporadically.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

<p>What's the output voltage and amperage on the orbitsound spaced360 (S360-1)&nbsp;base charger?&nbsp;</p><p><br></p>
Hi Tanookisuit,

Funnily enough had a Mario 3 session over the weekend.
16-18v, 1.2-2.1a. I have gone as low as 15v and as high as 3a without seeing any issues to start. The battery seems to take some long term hits outside the range though.
admin
Orbitsound Staff

<p>
(01-02-2022, 02:39 PM)admin Wrote: Hi Tanookisuit,

Funnily enough had a Mario 3 session over the weekend.
16-18v, 1.2-2.1a. I have gone as low as 15v and as high as 3a without seeing any issues to start. The battery seems to take some long term hits outside the range though.

</p><p><br></p><p>We had lost the base charger and could not find a picture of the power adapter anywhere online. I took the speaker&nbsp;apart and found the center to be positive and the ring negative. The last thing was the voltage and amperage. Thanks for the info. In a stroke of luck, the base charger was found again. The output said&nbsp;16V DC 2A. I will use your ranges the next time I lose it. Hopefully, that doesn't happen again :)</p>
Indeed, we did try to find another manufacturer. Its the ring/base that is the issue. Any charger in the range will do, its replicating the base that is the issue.
admin
Orbitsound Staff