Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harmony remote and the P70W automatic poweroff
Hi

My Harmony Hub still think that my P70W is still on when it enter "snooze". Can I turn off this function on my P70W or via IP fetch information about state ?

Regards,
Benny
Hi Benny,

I doubt it. The speaker is still on in doze mode, its awaiting an audio signal. The only way to have the hub register the device as off would be standby/no power.

In doze mode the speaker is/has to be on to await/monitor for an audio signal so it knows to turn itself back on, if that makes sense?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
Hi
One of my problems is the "off" button on the hub. It will turn off my P70W.
But if the P70W has enter doze mode it do not (instead it "wake" the P70W) then is the hub and the speaker out of sync  Sad
Benny
Hi Benny,

The best solution is to remove the ONE P70w's off function from the Hubs off button macro/activity.

Essentially that way as long as the speaker is on/in doze the issue will disappear.

As the On/off command are the same as in most devices there is no way for the Harmony device to specify turn on or off, only to say turn on/off, if that makes sense.

Logitech have thought of this and added in the feature to remove a device from turn on/off or any macro/activity.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

To avoid any misunderstanding. You mean that the best solutions is :
  • change power setting in the Harmony "Leave powered on all the time"
  • and let the P70W do doze
?
--
Benny
Hi Benny,

Yes, that way the Hub should only interact for other commands/leave the speaker in doze mode.

Obviously if the speaker were turned off manually or there were a power cut or similar you would need to manually turn the speaker back on, otherwise once in doze mode as soon as the speaker hears sound it would turn on.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff