Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M9 V1 cutting out
Hi
I have a M9 V1 connected to a Panasonic TX-39A400B tv via optical cable. This works fine most of the time except when there are very quiet pieces of dialogue when the sound completely cuts out. I have tried different optical cables without success and it also happened on our previous LG tv so I'mm 99% sure it's the soundbar causing the problem.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

John
Hi John,

Try the AUX cable from he TV's headphone port, be sure to turn the TV volume/headphone volume up to 100% first.

Switch teh bar to AUX does this still happen.

Where you/are you using the same connected devices/set top/Sky box with both TV's?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
(09-06-2018, 10:02 AM)Thank Simon D Wrote: Hi John,

Try the AUX cable from he TV's headphone port, be sure to turn the TV volume/headphone volume up to 100% first.

Where you/are you using the same connected devices/set top/Sky box with both TV's?

Sound like my post just now. Optical is the preferred connection - why use analog?
Hi Ben,

Optical/HDMI connections being digital can be affected a lot more by post processing etc, for instance the gain on Sky boxes especially has been dropping steadily for a while now, hence the low/variable volume issues most people have with TV's nowadays.

On paper optical is better quality, in reality there is no difference/AUX can actually be superior.

Most studios prefer Analogue over digital as well.

In most instances the cure/fix for a problem is to use AUX instead of Optical, other wise its try to find xyz setting on a TV that may have been disabled by the manufacturer (or not exist in the first place).

Once you add secondary devices such as set top boxes, Blu Rays etc. the "digital Chain" has more components that can have an issue/go wrong.

99 times out of 100 Optical/Digital is simpler, even then though try both... As we say believe your ears...
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(09-06-2018, 10:02 AM)Simon D Wrote: Hi
Been a while as I was unable to log back into  my original account....for some reason it didnt recognise my email address even tho it was the same one used when creating account.....

Anyhow, problem still persists despite trying different inputs. The tv has a separate volume control for the headphone socket which I have connected to aux however the bar still cuts out on quiet parts of dialogue. If I turn the volume on the tv up for this output over 80% it causes the soundbar to clip & distort. I have also tried optical inputs from different sources such as Humax PVR, DVD player and xbox all with same result. I am loathe to consign it to the bin but that would same the best option at this point.

John

Hi John,

Hi John,

Can you turn down the AUX to the point that no distortion occurs and see if this still happens?

I find my Sony TV is 63, whereas the office Panasonic is around 80.

We can take a loom at the bar/try a repair, I just worry that there may be no issue/we may be missing something.

Apologies if you had an issue logging in, I know we did make some back end changes a few weeks back.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff