Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updater application error side by side configuration with a60/a70 a series update.
If you get a side by side configuration error upon running the a series firmware update application please download the attached file and use this application/exe instead. Be sure to overwrite both files in the previously downloaded directory.

Attached Files

.zip   Update tool 2.0.zip (Size: 200.03 KB / Downloads: 59)
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
I have an A60 which I brought a year ago, its now having issues with Bluetooth and I see there is a firmware update but it needs to be done from A Windows PC I only have a Mac is there a Mac compatible solution?
(06-11-2017, 06:14 PM)DarrenT Wrote: I have an A60 which I brought a year ago, its now having issues with Bluetooth and I see there is a firmware update but it needs to be done from A Windows PC I only have a Mac is there a Mac compatible solution?

Hi DarrenT,

Unfortunately there is a hardware issue with Mac systems that prevents one "talking" to the bar, even in parallels.

I doubt we could find a way around it.

It should work on most windows machines though, even an older XP machine and possibly any machine after win98se, though only OS's after XP would be recommended.
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(17-08-2017, 01:53 PM)Simon D Wrote: If you get a side by side configuration error upon running the a series firmware update application please download the attached file and use this application/exe instead. Be sure to overwrite both files in the previously downloaded directory.

This doesn't work for me still, is there anything else to try?

Thanks
Hi Fred,

What operating system are you using? You are overwriting the old files in the extracted directory?

Are you still getting the side by side configuration error, this should not be possible with the new EXE.

Can you post any screenshots of the error you are getting?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

Hi,
I have downloaded the 2.0 .exe file but did not get an option to overwrite.  am still getting the side by side error.
Can you give an explanation how to overwrite the previous file? For people who are not used to this level of computing just saying make sure you overwrite the previous file isn't helpful.

Where do i go from here now I am double clicking the 2.0 file but still getting the side by side error, please?
Hi Roger,

At this point the likelihood of the update being applicable to a bar are very slim, can you tell me the first seven digits of your serial number? If you have a Samsung TV the fault is likely only going to disappear once they release a firmware update that fixes it. However as you can see elsewhere on the forum/Samsung's/the net this may not be permanent/can result in the TV fixing and breaking multiple times.

If a non Samsung TV try an AUX connection with the headphone volume set to 80% or higher..
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff

(03-02-2020, 04:16 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Roger,

At this point the likelihood of the update being applicable to a bar are very slim, can you tell me the first seven digits of your serial number? If you have a Samsung TV the fault is likely only going to disappear once they release a firmware update that fixes it. However as you can see elsewhere on the forum/Samsung's/the net this may not be permanent/can result in the TV fixing and breaking multiple times.

If a non Samsung TV try an AUX connection with the headphone volume set to 80% or higher..

(03-02-2020, 04:16 PM)Simon D Wrote: Hi Roger,

Hi, Simon,
I got your voicemail today and called back. I called you back and was on hold for 20 mins before an automated message kicked in and informed me nobody was available and cut me off.

Yes, i do have a Samsung TV.
The first 7 digits of my serial numberb on my A60 are 8111217.

Kind regards
Roger
Hi Roger,

Apologies, mornings do tend to be call heavy. How old is the samsung TV?
Simon D
Orbitsound Staff