Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updater application error side by side configuration with a60/a70 a series update.
<p>
(17-08-2017, 01:53 PM)Simon D Wrote: If you get a side by side configuration error upon running the a series firmware update application please download the attached file and use this application/exe instead. Be sure to overwrite both files in the previously downloaded directory.

</p><p><br></p><p>Hi Simon,</p><p><br></p><p>I'm still getting the same error message even with me overwriting the previous downloaded files. Is there anything I can try please?</p>
Hi Aaron,

The likelihood of a bar needing the update at this point is slim. What issues are you facing?>

What are the first 8 digits of your serial?
admin
Orbitsound Staff

[Image: orbitsound-sig-logo.png]
<p>
(04-01-2022, 12:58 PM)admin Wrote: Hi Aaron,

The likelihood of a bar needing the update at this point is slim. What issues are you facing?&gt;

What are the first 8 digits of your serial?

</p><p><br></p><p>The issues i have is that the sound dips in and out with an optical cable</p><p><br></p><p>The digits are - 80106170</p>
Hi Aaron,

Samsung? If so hook the bar up to something else/a Sky box or via Bluetooth.

If LG use the TV's headphone socket and turn the TV/Headphone volume up to 80% or so, it will sound better anyway.

0617 is the latest firmware, it already has the update to alleviate the issue with the TV.

If it is Samsung it will fix itself and break with every subsequent TV update anyway.
admin
Orbitsound Staff

<p>
(06-01-2022, 11:07 AM)admin Wrote: Hi Aaron,

Samsung? If so hook the bar up to something else/a Sky box or via Bluetooth.

If LG use the TV's headphone socket and turn the TV/Headphone volume up to 80% or so, it will sound better anyway.

0617 is the latest firmware, it already has the update to alleviate the issue with the TV.

If it is Samsung it will fix itself and break with every subsequent TV update anyway.

</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks for the advice</p>
<p>
(17-08-2017, 01:53 PM)Simon D Wrote: If you get a side by side configuration error upon running the a series firmware update application please download the attached file and use this application/exe instead. Be sure to overwrite both files in the previously downloaded directory.

</p><p><br></p><p>I have downloaded extracted and run the new application as stated above, but still getting the side by side configuration error.</p><p>Please advise what to do as my A70 Soundbar is not usable with the new Sky HDR box due to the sound dipping.</p><p><br></p><p>&nbsp; Thanks.</p><p><br></p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp;Steve</p>
Hi SRC2000,

I doubt the update will help, unless you have a particularly old bar.

Even if it did it would only alleviate the symptom, not the cause.

What TV do you have?
Apologies, do you mean a Q box? Main or sub box?
Is the unit connected to the TV or Sky box?
admin
Orbitsound Staff

<p>
(24-01-2022, 08:37 AM)admin Wrote: Hi SRC2000,

I doubt the update will help, unless you have a particularly old bar.

Even if it did it would only alleviate the symptom, not the cause.

What TV do you have?
Apologies, do you mean a Q box? Main or sub box?
Is the unit connected to the TV or Sky box?

</p><p><br></p><p>The bar states that it is 2014.</p><p>The bar connects directly to the Sky Q HDR box.</p><p><br></p><p>I have tried the work-around solution to connect the TV headphone socket to the bar.</p><p>TV (Panasonic TX-65DX902B) headphone output is set to 75% and connected to the soundbar Aux input.&nbsp;</p><p>My problem here is that I don't want to have to change the headphone setting every time I switch from TV to headphones and back manually.</p><p><br></p><p>I would really just like to get the fix applied. Can you please help with that and the side-by-side issue.</p><p><br></p><p>&nbsp; Regards,</p><p><br></p><p>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Steve</p>
Hi Src2000,

Apologies, I should have been clearer. No update to the bar can fix the issue, the best it will do is alleviate the symptom by maybe a half second.

I don't understand why you need to switch from AUX? It should/would be a better balanced sound anyway regardless of channel/source on the TV. What/Why are you switching from?

The only update I ever ran for the side by side error is on the forum, the 2.0 executable.
admin
Orbitsound Staff