Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A series sub woofer connection issues
]Hi. I bought the A70 earlier this week and am generally pleased with its sound quality and design, but my £500 purchase has not been as trouble-free as I'd have expected for this outlay. There is an annoying issue in that the 'learn' function won't work with my LG OLED 55B6 TV remote, (despite being told that it would by the otherwise extremely helpful rep in John Lewis who also helped with the TV choice 'as a package'), but more annoyingly I have now started to get the 'dipping' issue described in the Orbitsound forum; this takes the form of the sub no longer working, the sound become 'thin' as a result - note, though, that the 'sub not connected' warning light doesn't come on, which I'd have thought it would?).  Having gone to the Orbitsound website, it seems a solution is via a firmware update to the bar, but what do you do if, like me, you don't have a Windows PC/laptop, which seems to be the only conduit to performing said update (I'm an 'Apple Slave'!)?  I'm reluctant to use the AUX connection instead as I believe it is not as good as optical - and that would mean a £500 soundbar with only one connection source, in effect.  Hopefully Orbitsound can eradicate the dipping issue somehow; having said that, this is a lot of 'faff' to get a £500 soundbar working properly out of the box. I'm still within my 35 day return window with JL, and am wondering whether I might be better off exchanging it for an LG soundbar..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fixes for the dipping issue that occurs on some TV's Devices - by desturner - 01-07-2017, 01:44 PM